Monday, July 21, 2008

Hello HR

OMG! At 16.27, 6 days after I resigned, HR finally came and did what HR are meant to do.

A HR manager finally came to see me, today. She said I was absolutely a valued employee. She said that I would be terribly missed and asked why I was leaving. She then said, Why don’t you take 6 months off without pay. I had thought of it. I could still resign after 6 months.

The problems with that are, there is no real psychological break, where it is all over and I have to think about what I want to do in the future. Leave without pay is just an extended holiday, when it all comes down to it. I would be in real danger of ending up 6 months in a pot bag – after all, I’m not really unemployed, just on a break.

But, you know, what’s actually wrong with that? (if it really came to that. I hope not, but I've worked hard for the last five years.

But also, if this does turn out to be a hissy fit, it wouldn’t turn out to be a complete loss, I could just head back to work, come February.

Is a leave of absence wimping out and not making a decision?


No comments: