Thursday, July 17, 2008

I Match You, and I Raise You x

The CFO said that he was willing to go back and look at the figures surrounding my ranking and my payrise. He wasn't involved in them initially, but he'd be happy to go back and look at them more favourably, if that's what it would take.

(As Shane said, willing to go back and look at, is a very different statement to, here's another twenty thousand dollars to stay)

I said, that the fact that they now had the threat of recruitment costs to replace me hanging over their heads enticing them to do a more favourable review didn't make me feel any warmer about my potentially revised ranking.

So is there nothing I can do to persuade me to stay?

I think that the company had that chance and I think that the company blew it.

He said he was very disappointed.

As I am, I said. I'd held the problems in the department together for a number of years, which was being repaid by the classification of an effective worker and not an outstanding worker.

He said he understood what I was saying.


1 comment:

Adaptive Radiation said...

Good on you for having the courage to stick to your convictions!