Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I QUIT!

I didn't get the ranking or the incentive bonus that I felt I deserved, this year. I was okay with it, as I was under the impression that all rankings and incentive bonus' had been cut because profits were down. Stupid me. Filthy rich law firm. What was I thinking?

Anyway, I was looking through financial reports today and I saw just how many people got high rankings and bonus'... the usual suspects. The pets. The favourites. HR and marketing, look after their own. It's not what you know, after all, now is it.

With all the politics being what it's been, (see entry 26th June) I thought, What do I have to do to get a higher ranking? I concluded, nothing, because I'm already doing it. I'm holding two badly matched departments together, capturing all the mistakes made by bitch HR managers who just don't give a shit. I'm holding together flawed software - yes, we will replace it, we will replace it - that only I, actually, know how to use.

I am performing functions, very well, even if I do say so myself, that only I know how to perform.

Fuck you guys, I thought. And, I cracked the shits and resigned.

It's being referred to the C.O.O. who I will no doubt have to see tomorrow, something to look forward to, huh. My boss thinks I'm having a hissy fit and I'll change my mind, as, no doubt, the C.O.O. does too. But I'm not going to. The firm had their chance to rank me according to importance to the company and achievements and I feel they blew it. It’s a principle thing. They will be shocked, no doubt, when I tell them tomorrow that I'm not changing my mind.

But sometimes, enough is actually enough!

Wish me luck.

But truthfully, all I can think now is, one month off, or two? They'll never get me to reconsider, I'm like a shark who has smelt blood in the water, except it's freedom on the sweet winds of time.


2 comments:

Bert said...

Don't give in. Hold steady and something good will happen. Don't let them talk you out of it. And don't be surprised if they walk you out. My BF resigned and got walked out this week.

Bold oy! said...

Good for you!