Friday, February 20, 2009

Out Into the World With a Smile

Alex stepped out onto the street into the sunshine of the crystal blue sky day. He had to negotiate a woman on a mobile phone coming in one direction and a woman with a pram coming from the other direction. There he was between the two, doing some fancy footwork. He looked back at me and smiled and blew a kiss. Nobody noticed. Sweet.

We met online.

Shane, Mark W., Sebastian and I went out for dinner to a Singaporean restaurant. I held us all up looking for my wallet, before we left. It wasn't in any of my usual places. I never lose my wallet. It crossed my mind that Alex could have taken it. Easy, I hadn't thought about it until hours later, just as Shane found it on the mantelpiece in the lounge room. I reproached myself for the thoughts I'd had. 


No comments: