Saturday, April 18, 2009

Comedy Festival

I went to see Mathew Kenneally - team outrage, those who have an agenda and newspapers to sell; team calm down, those of us who don't fall for it, who know the beat up, but who probably do nothing about it; team fear, those who fall for it, the pinch-faced bitches in the world who buy into the global psycho drama - social commentary, political satirist...very funny.

and Will Anderson - I love Will, he so speaks the truth about all the issues - how do comedians get it so right and politicians get it so wrong?

...last night at the comedy festival.

Two extremes, Mathew in a tiny theatrette with 20 people, Will in the sold out Comedy Theatre. They were both so funny, both so great. I'd recommend them both.

I think stand-up is my very favourite form of entertainment. Just a guy up on stage with his intelligence and humour as props. A friend of mine said they are the new rock stars of the world. I tend to agree.

Comedians should run the country, they so should.

 

No comments: