Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hard Like a Chocolate Bar



I gazed at Sam's sweet face asleep on the pillow this morning for the loveliest time, before he got up and headed for the shower. It's my favourite thing to do.
He's handsome... have I told yo that lately? And lovely too.

Wow, I know it is cold and I know the weather bureau told us that is was the coldest morning since oh, I don't know, Julia Gillard was liked, however, when I made myself some coffee and toast, the Nutella had gone solid in the jar like a chocolate bar. I have to chip at it with the knife, like I was chipping at ice with an ice pick, or the salt from the walls of the corporate office. It was hard to believe.

I stayed in bed all day and watched movies. A sexy European. A moody New Yorker. I had no work on today, actually, I have no work for the rest of the week.  I spent the day wrapped in my doona. Lovely it was too.

No comments: