Monday, June 04, 2012

I took Myself in Hand

 8 hours later...


Ah, piece of cake. I must have been a bit angsty this morning? No, I was. I could feel it in me when I left the house heading for the tram. It must be a new moon, or an old moon, or a full moon, a blue moon, whatever. It must be the cold winter weather.

I took myself in hand when I got to the office. I, actually, had a shake-my-head moment, as I started at the computer monitor coming to life. It's the easiest work, a junior could do it, pull yourself together man. Just do it, stop worrying about it. And then I just plowed through it.

Easy. I was finished by 4pm. A bit too easy, I should have stretched it out to 5pm. Oh well, I just can't sit there and twiddle my thumbs. I should have been a little slower through the day, next time I'll have to pace myself a little more. I might as well screw a full day out of them, they expect the work to take a whole day.

How are those people who claim to have held down a job for thirty years and who claim to have done nothing in all that time? There was one just recently. I can't imagine it, I'd go insane.


No comments: