Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Lovely Day For It... Whatever Your "it" May Be

What a lovely day it was in Melbourne today, sunny and gorgeous. Sam and I bought our lunch boxes, filled with tomato and chorizo pasta we made last night. Sam heated the two meals up at his office and then he met me in front of my building, and we went and sat in the Flagstaff Gardens and ate sitting on a park bench. Lovely.

We watched the joggers run past, huffing and puffing through their lunch hour. I, myself, don't understand why this has to be done in one's hour lunch break. It just seems like torture, really. But, I guess, those who do would say it is a good form of stress relief, or some such thing. (So is a 5 minute jack in the toilets, lets face it) I'd rather save that for after work. (That is the jogging, not the pulling) I'd rather just sit and stop for an hour and collect my thoughts gently.

Still, a couple of those boys filled out their running shorts very nicely. That one boy in the back shorts, lovely. Nice legs. There was Hun, from 2 broke girls, jogging slowly. There was a couple of really athletic boys who smiled at each other so nicely as they ran they had to be boyfriends, they would have made great boy friends. There was the guy who was doing laps of the park who never seemed to break a sweat. There was the fat boy running off the beer he drank over the weekend, who looked like a beetroot basting in its own juices.

Even with these prime hunks of meat running past, the girls on the park benches reading their books never lifted their eyes.

No comments: