Friday, April 26, 2013

What Happened to Anthony?

When big boys laugh at little boys, it is invariably, when the big boy get’s glimpses of himself in the little boy, and the little boy asks why the big boy laughed, inevitably the big boy’s answer will be, “Nothing, mate. Nothing.”

There is no explaining that.

So inherently, boy’s will be kinder to boys than girls will ever be to them.

Jay and I are sitting side by side on the couch, he on his play station, me restoring images. He just makes me laugh, with his energy, as he bounces around, as he takes a corner, or wins a race. I remember what he seemed to be feeling. It’s infectious. It makes you laugh.

“Why did you laugh?” Jay asks.

“Nothing, mate. Nothing.”


We all questioned what happened to Anthony? 


Loli came over, it was nice to see her. She wasn’t here really very long when her phone rang and she had to organise for Carlo to be picked up from school as he had a head ached and possibly and broken nose. How you can have one and then possibly the other, I’m not sure? It would seem to me that the broken nose would be the presenting problem, not the head ache with a broken nose chaser.

“I swear, it’s like I still have an umbilical cord attached and I am only able to go this far.” She drew a circle on the coffee table with her manicured finger nail. “Before they rein me in.” She laughed. Both hands pulling out in front of her, like she was in a tug of war.

Loli asked what happened to Anthony.

Jane went shopping. We seemed to just sit around all day and do very little. Mark and Luke were meant to be taking Jay someplace but they never seemed to go and do it. I took Buddy for a walk at 3.30. Sam came home and we ordered pizza for dinner.

Anthony finally rang. He slept until 4am. Fell asleep on the couch until 6am and then drove home. Shrug.

Sister Chris called and said that she had found my glasses.

No comments: