Sunday, April 07, 2013

Lunch and the Beach

We had lunch in Carlton, Japanese, with Buddy sitting out on the footpath in the sun. It was a lovely sunny day for a little alfresco dining. Buddy's so cute, I put a white styro cup on the ground and he drinks from it with his fat, pink tongue.

Then it was off to the Brighton Beach doggy beach. He's gets so excited down the beach and he just runs and runs and runs with Sam and I running and running and running after him. It was all going well until I pulled a muscle in my calf running across the sand trying to stop Buddy pissing on some woman's bag – he has a habit of pissing on bags left on the ground. I could see him sidling up to it and I took off across the sand to stop him. And now I am in pain and can't walk very well. I wish I'd let him piss all over it now.

The woman didn't deserve to have her bag pissed on, of course, but she, actually, said she wouldn't have cared, she wouldn't have left it on a dog beach if she had, as I tried to walk away without showing her I'd injured myself.


I feel like an old man. And I walk to work. 

I have rubbed in the Tiger Balm cream and then to head off my complaining - Sam's words, not mine. I still insist that I never complain about anything - he got me Tiger Balm heat patches to put on. He's lovely, really. They are easing the pain.

No comments: