Thursday, April 11, 2013

I'm Having a Bad Day

I'm having a bad day. I came home from my regular torture session with the periodontist, with aching gums, to find the washing machine had failed and had flooded the house all the way to the front door. I opened the front door and there is was a river of water heading towards me.

If only I hadn't pissed around in the dvd shop at Collins Place for quite so long. If only I hadn't faffed around with my camera.

Why was the washing machine still going 3 and a quarter hours later?

The carpet runner is now hanging off the garden walls dripping. I had to get a trolley, from my neighbour, to carry it outside it was so heavy with water. Who knows if it will ever fit back into the inlaid section of the floor where it once did. Who knows, if it won't, if I'll ever be able to match a new one to the runner that goes all the way up the stairs. ☹️ Who knows if the floors are ruined?

How could this have happened?

As it turned out, it looks as though when the builder installed the new laundry sink he has moved the washing machine and there by loosening the drainage hose at the back, which finally came off this afternoon, flooding my hallway. 


No comments: