Monday, April 01, 2013

Early Monday Morning

Here it is after midnight on... what day is it? I have to think. It has been a good Easter, and it has just slipped away. Just like that.

Sam and Buddy have gone to bed. There is nobody warm to cuddle up to. I can hear Buddy snoring in his kennel. Sam will be snoring the same way. They both sound the same when they are asleep. No, they really do.

It is funny, the snoring thing. Sam snores like some sort of machine. I watched a doco on snoring, how it ruined the partners of snorers sleep/lives. I have to add, that I sleep like the dead, nothing wakes me up, but I can fall asleep listening to Sam snore.

Anyway...

I have accepted a job for 6 months in the city. Yes, I am going back to work. It doesn't seem very joyous, the thought of work. It just seems to be a waste of time. Oh yes, I know, the economy, social outlet, fulfilment, blah, blah, blah. I wish I'd done more interesting work. Why wasn't I a stand up comedian? Why wasn't I a digital animator? Why wasn't I a trust fund kid? I've never really cared for it, I've always been happier amusing myself. But, there you go, come Tuesday I am to front up...

... at some standard issue office, no doubt, with standard issue employees, oh what fun. "Here is your spot, here is the work you have to do, get to it."

I only have myself to blame, after all of this time off that I have had, I have done very little. Not a lot, to be truthful.

Bugger!

Back to work after 3 months off. Will I remember what I have to do, after all this time trying to forget what I do?

And at this time of night, it is, actually, tomorrow. Still 2 sleeps though.

2 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

Good luck for first day at new job!

FletcherBeaver said...

Thanks