Thursday, May 02, 2013

The Sun Shines Down in Sparkling Pools

I’ve said, "Good morning honey" to my lovely boyfriend... by instant message. Keep chipping away at the walls of the salt mine, baby, I told him. 

I've just made coffee, cleaned the kitchen, filled the dishwasher and put it on, and patted red dog. It’s 9.30. 


I smoked j’s and rewrote my latest blog entries. There were some points that I’d made, but hadn’t expanded, although I had published. Too many, it was quite astonishing, the power of the reread. I expected my readers (hello to both of you) to have good imaginations, clearly. Ha ha. They extended out well, the points, not the readers. But, points are good, they lead to a whole lot of remembering, as you expand them. 


This last week, it’s like being on school camp, except I never smoked pot on school camps, that didn’t come until later. We didn’t have music, either. Actually, we did. I remember driving to central Australia once with only 2 cds, The Bee Gees greatest hits and the original American Pie, Don McLean. They were old cds even then, they are 2 of my favourite albums today. 


I had a shower and took Buddy to the park… Sam reminded, good thing that he did. Then I just finish the thing I am doing, and I take him straight to the park. Otherwise, I'd forget. I'd be saying, "oops," to Sam in no time flat.


…It is a blue sky, sunny day. I took my camera and a j. Buddy was off and running right from the gate.  I can just walk into the middle of the oval and pretend that I am taking photos. And sometimes I do. But, there was a Pomeranian, this morning, that just fell in love with Buddy, and wouldn’t leave him alone… so as to distract him. Fluffies owner seemed concern to start with, but he saw soon that Buddy does retaliate. He will retaliate in play if pushed, but never through aggression, that I have seen. (except at me) 


“Buddy, come on. Buddy! Now! Come here!” He didn’t listen to one of my commands. 


Finally, he broke away, and fell into his familiar gallop across the oval. 


It was a breezy, sunny, wild day. 


I took my camera. I missed the best shot of the footballer training. He turned towards me, lifted hid shirt up to his face and wiped it. I had my camera in my hand. I could have just taken it, if I had acted immediately, but I hesitated and lost the shot. He had been running, he was sweating, the sun was shinning down on him making him sparkle. Buddy was even running up in the back ground. 


“I was taking a photo of my dog, mate?” If I’d been questioned. 


To be so intrusive, it takes guts. So, I’ve only got a couple of him bending over. Nice shorts, mate. 


Um... ?

Er...?

Oh... ah... what was I doing?

I toddled home at 40kph. Straight, I rail against them, the 40 speed limits, but stoned they make perfect sense. Perfectly calm. I shift between second and third gears, synced with heavier and lighter foot on the accelerator, I never have to break. It is smooth, calm, sail all the way home I’m envisaging a Nina Simone sound track.


The sun shines down in sparkling pools in the back yard, as if indicating my path across the paving to the door, as the roller doors whirs shut.

2 blog days to write, good thing I have them mostly written.

Etta James sings Billy Holliday.

The sun shines in through the back windows. The day sparkles. I try intermittently to keep the mornings fire burning, it is nice with the cool air drifting in threw the back doors.

George Michael sings songs from the last century.

The birds cheep in the trees. I am currently losing the battle with the open fire.


Still no photos, but apparently the Air does have a card reader, upon further questioning, so we'll be able to fix that tonight.

No comments: