Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Spilling The Tea, er, Ouzo




I pissed around in the morning. As only I can. Who cares? It is my day to do with what I like. 

Bronwyn Bishop disgraces herself with a conflict of interest scandal. Abbott’s shitful budget is still being discussed in parliament. It turns out the cabinet was split over Herr Abbott’s boarder forcer storm troupers. Who’d have thought?

Maya Angelou, the acclaimed American author, poet, and civil rights activist (I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings), passed away at the age of 86. 

Happy birthday Gladys Knight, she is 70.

Happy birthday Kylie Minogue, she is 46.

I cleaned in the afternoon. That’s how much reading online news thrilled me and entertained me. Oh, you know, truthfully, the tumbleweeds must have been blowing across the floor.

David called and I told him about Facebook.


Luv, you know those times you have browsed Facebook and ‘Liked’ things – Christian

Yes – David

Browsing, er, um, let’s say, Bonner Bulges? – Christian

What? – David 

Do you know it? – Christian 

How do you know that? – David

Shane told me – Christian

Shane did? – David

Yes, he saw your ‘like’ – Christian

He saw my ‘like’? – David

Worse still, the whole of Facebook saw your ‘like’ – Christian

Who did? – David

Everyone with whom you are Friends – Christian

He was awfully quiet on the other end of the phone after that. I could almost hear the cogs working. 

And you were worried what I might do? – Christian

I had to hang up when the sobbing started.

It was a glorious moment. What? No? I’m not saying that I enjoyed it because I am banned from being his friend on Facebook over concerns what me and my big mouth might do, or say. 

We ate pasta for dinner and watched all the recorded shows Sam had recorded during the week. You know, all those shows that we can’t be bothered watching at the time, but would watch once we were bored and were scratching around for something to do. 

high temperature of 18.3 °C, a low temperature of 10 °C, and light precipitation of approx. 0.4 mm.


No comments: