Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Hostilities Have Been Kept At Bay

I lay in bed for a bit thinking about work. I woke up thinking about it, I’m sure that isn’t good. I’m stressing about how I am going to cope, once Mazz has left. The two of us have been working flat out for two weeks to get everything done. 

Kirin has offered no help, none at all. I don’t know what she has been doing? There has been a lot of whispering with the HR staff. There has been a lot of standing at HR desks having, what looks like, secret conversations. Mazz and I reckon something major has gone wrong yet again for Kirin and she is trying to smooth it over. You know, since Kirin is, effectively, on her last warning with the company, and all. They don’t bring in the procedural auditors on you for no reason and that is what is happening to Kirin. Our big boss Remy didn’t tell me that until I had accepted the role, yeah, cheers, thanks a lot. Kirin knows and I know that that probably had a lot to do with Mazz slating her on her way out.

Why did I accept this job? Stupid me. Since I will really be the only person who knows all of the procedures, I probably would have got just as much work as a contractor training the new person, if I hadn't taken on the role, filling in in the role when the new person burnt out and gave up and training up the next new person, all the time not having the pressure or the responsibility.

I got up at 6.15am.

Kirin isn’t talking to Mazz, that was quite clear from when I first got to work today. It appeared Kirin wasn’t talking to me either. Kirin pulled me aside when we were along together at some stage and asked me if I had spoken to Jack. “No, not one word. I thought he would have called, but he hasn’t.”

“Not even to congratulate you?”

“No, nothing.”

(That is not entirely true, as Jack and I sent each other a couple of love letter emails saying thanks for being so special to the other. Sigh)

(Mazz was originally going to go and work for Jack, my boss Jack, they met up and had a discussion, but Mazz got a permanent role herself)

Kirin said that she’d heard from Guru Greta, who had been told by Jack that Mazz had to him that she was leaving (name of company) due to Kirin’s shonky work practices. Kirin is dark.

“Jack didn’t tell me, I haven’t spoken to him, he told Guru Greta and she told me,” said Kirin. “What has Mazz said to you?”

“Mazz hasn’t said that to me. She has only said that she wasn’t coping, that the workload is too great for one person, that it really needs 2 people to do the role properly,” I said. “And, you know, none of the staff get anything right, that sort of thing.” This is true, that is what Mazz has said.

“It is not good to have that out there, being said about you,” said Kirin. “Well, I am not going to take it up with her.”

And there you have it, Kirin, again, is not going to take it up with Mazz. So, what can you do?

I went back to my desk and looked at what I had messaged Mazz on my phone. I am careful not to put too much in writing. And there it was, Mazz saying to me that Kirin was doing something shonky. Oh, I could see it immediately. Mazz means bad procedures, not getting proper documentation that sort of stuff, she doesn’t mean anything illegal, she doesn't mean fraud. Anyway, I’m keeping my mouth shut. Kirin isn’t going to broach it with Mazz, so neither am I. I’m not that stupid. Kirin can do her own dirty work, again, she is the boss. I wonder if Kirin wants me to broach it with Mazz, maybe that is why she is mentioning it, because if I told Mazz I am sure she would want to set it straight with Kirin.

Kirin stayed dark until she left early, grunting a good bye at the 2 of us. Yay. Gotta love that in a work environment. She was sick last week and had 3 days off unusual for her and she still hasn’t really recovered. 


Or was she going for as job interview? Her name is mud in the company, she knows that, I know that, the bosses know that. Mazz has added to that by complaining to Big Boss Remy behind Kirin’s back. (He loves Mazz) Kirin knows that. Mazz Knows that. A cease fire has been maintained, or is that hostilities have been kept under strict control, as Mazz leaves on Friday.

We ate my favourite chicken curry for dinner.

I fell asleep on the couch at 9pm, I was exhausted, from the bitches at work bitching at each other. I woke up again at 11pm. We both went to bed then.

No comments: