Monday, July 20, 2015

The Rock and Roll Lead Singer

I thought Adam Lambert was a great choice as Queen front man. I was a little excited about it. However, I was listening to him fronting Queen and I thought, interestingly, he didn't quite cut it. His voice isn't quite unique enough fronting a big rock band, it became kind of generic sounding, generic rock singer. Adam Lambert has an amazing voice, but some how out the front of Queen it became kind of ordinary rock singer voice. 

Then I thought, he is replacing the greatest rock singer ever, so even if he came in second, so to speak, it is still pretty good. Hey?

Then I thought, of course, the greatest rock singer ever is still very much alive and still treating the boards singing his lungs out, so Adam Lambert comes in 3rd, I guess that is not a bad place to be.

It is just hard to listen to somebody other than Freddie Mercury out the front of Queen. Freddie, Freddie, Freddie, you are irreplaceable.

Actually, Paul Rodgers fronted Queen for a time and I liked him better than Adam Lambert too.

No comments: