Saturday, January 16, 2016

A Car Full of Ninjas

I don’t really care about the whole burqua, hijab, debate, whatever. I don’t really get it, what do you all care about what other people wear, I ask you? It seems to me that such clothing is making women second class citizens, showing that Islam is 100 years behind the West, but that is just me, and people are free to wear whatever they like. Strap a frozen turkey to your fucken head, if that’s what makes you feel good, I don’t give a shit. In fact, I think most people should wear the full burqa, then I wouldn’t have to deal with a lot of them. In fact, if you could fill the eye slits in and make them all as anonymous as Cousin It, I think it would be preferable.

We were driving down Smith Street the other day, the traffic was busy, there ware cars everywhere. As we neared Johnston Street, the traffic stopped. It was gridlock
 in both directions, momentarily, nobody was going anywhere, when a black Yaris made its move from a side street to my right. It was suddenly pushing through trying to squeeze in front of me, through the jumbled maze of cars blocking its way.

“Yeah, good onya sport,” I said out loud.

I looked over at the small, black hatchback, four faces, or what would be faces somewhere underneath the black material with eye slits, turned and looked at me in unison, like they were the Borg. It was like a car full of black ninjas turning their full power on me. I raised my hands in the air, as if to indicate I was saying, what are you doing? The faces stared at me, frozen in their glare. As the small hatchback lurched forward, the four heads turned in unison back to face in the direction the car was heading. She squeezed through with millimetres to spare on each front mudguard. I couldn’t help but being impressed with her driving skills, or is that her determination, or is that her pushiness? I don’t know, but I wished I’d had a camera. Of course, I did have a camera, I wished I’d thought to pick it up and capture the image.


The sight of them made me giggle. Michelangela, Donatella, Raelene and Leoni


No comments: