Sunday, January 03, 2016

Family Lunch

We had a family lunch with my auntie and uncle and cousins. Will (my brother) had organised it.

"Lunch Sunday," commanded Will, as he likes to do in the oldest child of the family manor. "Sometime after midday."

Roz was coming, of course. 

Some of my cousins would be there, but only 2 of the 12, oh, 5 of the twelve, if you count the 3 of us, so not such a good turn out, but a representative of all 3 families, at least.

It was all very quaint. My uncle and auntie are in their 80's now, so, I guess, you'd expect it to be quaint.

Sam came with me and met the family.

It was nice.

It was in place of a funeral for Lottie. She would have been pleased, as she told us not to spend a cent on a funeral for her. She was outraged when she finally came out of her grief for my father and caught up on some of the bills, when she saw the bill for dad's funeral.

"What on earth were you kids thinking when you agreed to pay that amount of money," Lottie said. "I was sure I had taught you better than that. Do not waste a cent on me when I go. For goodness sake."

So, we didn't. We all got together over lunch instead, as she would have wanted.

No comments: