Friday, January 22, 2016

It's Too Hot, I'm Moving To Hobart

I couldn’t sleep, it was hot. The house was hot, despite having my balcony doors open and a fan pointed directly at us. I so wanted to sleep, I had a big day coming up. But, I tossed and turned and tossed and turned and I eventually gave in and got up at midnight and headed down stairs with my laptop. Sam said that I’d fallen asleep on the couch from 8pm, so I figured I was still way ahead. And, I quite like those moments alone in the dark, it is kind of bracing, you know, soul nourishing, like all the planetary energy focuses down on you and funnels its goodness through the top of your head, like an invisible twister, as though communication with the cosmos is only possible as a solitary entity alone with the invisible galactic shower of inspiration raining down, nobody to stop it, or distract its forces. There is freedom in the dark and quiet places.

Sometime after 1am, I headed to bed.

I woke up at 6.15am. I made coffee and muesli. I pissed around on my computer. I was in the shower at 7am. I was out the door at 7.20am. I was at work at 7.30am.

Sam took the day off. “I don’t feel well. I have a head ache.” It was really unusual for him, he never takes days off. I wondered if it had anything to do with him working late last night with the system crisis they had in the office?

Sam made an appointment for Buddy at the vet 8.30am Monday morning to have his nuts cuts off. He shouldn’t have turned into crazy dog last Wednesday with the 2 French Boys. One crazy moment too often, poor Buddy. It only happens when he gets too excited and you attempt to stop him from doing what he really wants to do. It is his only bad behaviour. He’s all bark and no bite, but people who see it for the first time don’t know that. And now, hopefully, it will be his last crazy moment. He’s so loving all the other times.

We got everything done and I left the office at 4pm. Clever me. Everyone who came before me struggled in this role, and I seem to be finding it easier and easier with the passing of time. I’m trying not to appear too cocky, also not trying to convey the idea that the people they had doing this role before me were inexperienced hence their various melt downs, as my 6 month contract is just about to be renewed with a permanent contract and I want a substantial pay rise.


No comments: