Thursday, March 24, 2016

Good old Jack

Jack called with a job for me for two months starting the Tuesday after Easter.

Oh, why don't you leave me along, I think. I took the job, ugh! Against my better judgement, but I have a strict rule to accept all jobs that come my way, unless I can muster a serious objection, like having to drive for an hour, or having to suck too much arse. (and never the arse you want to suck) The new job is walking distance. Damn you Jack!

I guess that is hardly the attitude, I have friends who can't get jobs. They'd give an awful lot to be employed, when I am giving an awful lot not to be. Oh well. That is just how life is sometimes, as we all know. I'm lucky, I guess. Or did I just work damn hard to get to this point? I never really felt like I worked so hard, but other people say I did. I just did a job while I enjoyed it, and I stopped doing when I didn't enjoy it any longer. I'm lucky. 

I don't really enjoy it any longer. I'm finding it increasingly hard to smile and count to ten when I have to deal with morons, and there are so many morons, and they don't even know they are morons. Increasingly my response is, life is just too short, I'm out of here.

No comments: