Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Blood Sugars

Did I tell you my blood sugars are back to normal? My doctor is very pleased. (I really hate this new blogger dashboard, how do you save a draft again?)

My doctor told me they were 8.5, when they should be 6.5 whatevers when he told me they were a worry and that I had to do something about them.

So, I did. I modified my diet a bit and I exercised every day losing 8 kilos.

Today he told me my blood sugars were 9 on the second test I had back in June, but today (last week, I am telling you late) they were 5.8, when 6 is normal.

He said I had bucked the trend of putting on weight during lock down. "Very good," he said. "Now, I guess you will have to have a blood test every 6 months just to make sure they don't creep back up."

"Sure." I'm cool with blood tests now a days, I can even watch the needle go in and the blood come out now, where once I was a bit squeamish.

That wasn’t hard, as I didn’t want to have to take medication for the rest of my life, I presume, so it hasn’t been hard to put in the effort. When I am motivated, I can do anything, but, I guess, that is true of anyone. So, it was no big deal, really.


No comments: