Sunday, September 13, 2020

Give Us A Kiss

Sam told me to stop uploading DVDs as we watched TV. He said I was getting obsessed.

 

"You're getting obsessed."

"Well they are not going to upload themselves."

"You don't have to get it all done this weekend."

"Why not?"

"You can take your time," he said. "There is no deadline."

"Why the delay?"

"Nobody is going to come and take them from you."

"I want to get it done, though..."

"You love it when you have a project."

"You say it like it is a bad thing."

"Do I?"

"What would you rather I be doing?"

"Oh, no, it isn't that," said Sam. "It's just that this is all you have been doing… for days."

"So, you would rather I did something else?"

“Maybe.”

“What?”

"No, not really..."

"So, what are you saying?"

"I'm just saying you don't have to get it all done today."

"Are you feeling neglected, honey?"

"No, it isn't that."

"What is it then?"

"Oh, nothing."

"Nothing?"

"No, nothing."

"Well, it has to be something?"

"It's just that is all you have been doing for days..."

"Come here and I'll give you a cuddle."

"Don't be ridiculous..."

"When did cuddles become ridiculous."

"I don't need comforting because you think I think I am feeling neglected."

"Well, that's what it sounds like to me."

"Well, it isn't."

"So, what is it then?"

"I'm just saying, you don't have to do it all now."

"I'm just doing it." Quizzical look. "There is no hurry, involved in this, this just what uploading DVDs looks like."

"No, you are just being ridiculous."

"I'm being ridiculous?"

"Yes."

"You are telling me to do something, the details of which you can't explain."

"I'm just saying..."

"It doesn't all have to be done now."

"Yes."

"Whatever that means."

"I think the meaning is perfectly clear..."

"Although this whole conversation would tend to suggest otherwise."

I move closer to Sam.

Sam visibly recoils. (You know, just slightly) "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to give you a cuddle, as feelings of neglect are the only logical explanation to this whole conversation."

"I'm not feeling neglected."

"Come on honey, give us a kiss."


No comments: