Thursday, September 03, 2020

I Had a Dream

I had a dream that I was by the beach with a woman whose baby was tiny, as small as shrimp, and the same colour. The baby dives into the water and swims about and I ask the woman isn’t she concerned about the baby, as we can’t see it swimming about. But she assures me that the baby will be alright. We stand in the water up to our knees and try to watch the baby. I can’t see the baby, but the woman seems to be able to. Or is she trying to find the baby? I can’t tell. We both stare down at the water.

She says, “It will be okay.”


I am up at 6.45am. Bing! Eyes open. The baby, the baby... ha, ha. And just as quickly the dream is evaporating from my brain. The mother was someone famous, but the detail was the first to go. I had an image of her face in my mind, but as soon as I tried to think who it was the image disappeared, a bit like trying to grab a pen with my finger tips, only to have it roll a bit further away with every attempt.

I can’t have coffee, or food, as I am going to have a blood test this morning, to see what my blood sugars are doing. I curse the morning for getting up so early. It is a long time to wait until 9.20am, when the queen at the clinic told me to come in.

"There is often a rush at 9am," he said in his efficient voice. "I'd suggest you come in at about 9.20am." Dotting his i's and cruising his t's.

I got a huge glass of water and drank that, until it was time to have a shower and get ready.

I got there right on 9.20am, and it was true I was ushered right into the girl in the blue smock and the glass vials.

Then it was done and I was in the car driving home, when I remembered I was going to ride my bike to the clinic this morning. Oh well. Hopefully, the 8 kilos I have lost - even if I seem to be stuck at 8 kilos unable to progress to 10 kilos weight loss - and the hour of exercise I have done every day since my doctor gave me the results of my last blood test 3 months ago has been enough to bring my blood sugars down.

Guido messaged me just as I got home saying he was delivering. I wondered how he had the nerve to do deliveries in the lock down period where we are not allowed to venture beyond 5 kilometres from home. And if I could just have a j in the morning and a j at lunch time and a j in the afternoon, I wouldn't hesitate to say yes, but I can't, I am too much of a pig, woofing it down like there is no tomorrow, ending up with Sam looking at me like I am pathetic, and I really hate that. So, it's a no from me now a days. My pot days are over. Tra la la.


No comments: