Thursday, September 24, 2020

Lazy Arse

I waste my talents as a writer. I've been writing a story from the sentence, everybody would like a super power, and it is coming along quite well. But, it is hard work, all that creative energy, I just can't be bothered to do it, some days. Quite a few days, you know, once the initial motivation wears off.

But, that has always been me, really smart, but really lazy. I've got a high IQ, but I have always been a lazy bastard. Getting me motivated is really hard work, I am one for taking the easy way out, always. 

I have never had to put in too much effort to get to where I am in life, much to a lot of people's chagrin. (funny how people hate that in other people)  And, that still persists. Even to today, I have so many unfinished things. And then I kind of think it is self-fulfilling, because then I get turned off doing anything that requires too much effort. Then you become that guy, who doesn't really put in. Sure, I do enough to have a good life, but I never do anything extra. You know.

That is masked by a laid back attitude. "Oh, Christian is so laid back. We should all be just a little more like Christian." No, no not one of you want that, let me tell you.

Then, I think, it is only a short step to jaded and cynical, of course friends tell me I was born cynical, but be that as it may, jaded and cynical are good covers for lazy.

Then, I guess, there is a part of me deep down that always feels just a little disappointed. There, I've said it, it is true. Coasting will do that to you.

Anyway, I am still uploading my DVDs to my new hard drive, so what do I care about achieving anything. I've done all of my movies, now I am doing TV shows. I have done Black Books, Absolutely Fabulous, the DVDs I have of Friends, as David pissed off with the majority of them, Will & Grace, Oz, The Tudors, Spartacus, and now I am doing Weeds, the best series ever.

Of course, season 2 of Weeds isn’t uploading for some reason so that kind of rules out smoking a blunt and binge watching it this weekend. Ah, the good old days. Of course, I have given the old spliferoonies away now a days, anyway, even if Guido still has me on his delivery roster, but I just say no like Nancy told us all too and we’re all good. Sam doesn’t like it, he has that special you-are-a-loser look he produces just for those occasions, which nicely coincides with me not really liking it any more anyway. It just doesn’t do what it used to do any more.

Anyway…

Do I do Doctor Who? I only have a couple of series, a couple of the new ones and one Tom Baker.

I have one season of Mash, something I used to watch with mum and dad when I was a kid. The opening music to Mash still invokes something inside me.

And about that story I am writing? It is going around in the back of my head while I do other things, don't worry about that.

Of course, the other side of all of this is that when I finally do get motivated, they say I am single minded in my execution.

You do realise, I am only writing this in some attempt to motivate myself to write. I’m not really needing to tell you, but there, I have anyway.


No comments: