Sunday, September 06, 2020

It Was A Sunday Kind Of Day

It was Sunday and we did Sunday things. We shopped for food, earlyish. We had Buddy and Bruno with us, as we were going to the park afterwards, so I waited outside in the sunshine while Sam shopped.

It really was a gorgeous day, the sun sparkled, the sky was blue. I was chatting to a nice lady with a puggle, I have old lady charm, they always love me, (probably more of a gay thing than a me thing. Maybe?) standing in the sun, with her telling me that she grew up with bulldogs, when a bunch of lads barged their way into our conversation.

"What kind of dog is this mate? What kind of dog is this mate? What kind of dog is this mate?" a voice started asking me with a distinct sense of urgency. Your usual meth head with no manners to speak of.

"Err... English."

"Is this a bitch? Is this a bitch? Is this a bitch?" said the next guy.

I turned my gaze to him to see his big brown eyes and his gorgeous lips..."

"No… ah… he's a boy." Just like you are, handsome. “They are both boys.”

“They are awesome, they are awesome, they are awesome,” said the first guy.

Ashamedly, the nice lady with the puggle was forgotten about in the intrusion.

And then they were gone. The Abbottsford druggies. I kind of like the characters a suburb throws up, thankfully we aren’t all the same. Do they do bad things? Not to me. But then, I have always been more drawn to ‘the other’ people, they are generally more interesting than the ‘normal’ people. I’m not saying I’d like these guys but, you know, the sentiment is still the same.

I watched the puggle lady walk up the street with her husband.


We took the dogs to the off-lead park, the morning light glistened, the weather was fantastic. We met up with three other bulldogs, Rupert, Daisy and Hugo. There were lots of dogs in the park. Bruno still hasn't quite mastered the concept of off-lead, we tried and he made a run for it, so he was put back on his lead pretty smartly. It is not so much how it affects us, it is the possibility of him jumping all over other people excitedly that is really the problem.

We ate roast chicken and vegetables for dinner. Yum, yum. Who said roast chicken is hard to cook.

We bought a new hard drive and are in the process of uploading all our DVDs to the hard drive. You just don't realise how many DVDs you have until you take on this project. Funny, as I set each one up to copy, I thought to myself, when did I last watch this? When do I think I will watch it again? But, what the hell, it doesn't cost anything but time.

Oh, time...

Except, I am going to be uploading DVDs until Xmas.

No comments: