Wednesday, June 09, 2021

Blood Clot Anyone

We had our weekly, Webex team meeting. It had been a rather dull, quiet affair. Oh, I don't know why, maybe it is because it is winter, maybe it is the rain and the cold, maybe it is the lockdown, I don’t know.

It had just been the managers and then mostly my boss talking, you know, a lot of blah, blah, blah. I tend to tune out, I have to admit. Good thing there is no comprehension test when they are all done. (Remember those, I used to ace those, but not in this context, I suspect) 

At the end of the meeting, our boss asked, "Does anyone have any funny stories to tell?"

Apparently, nobody did.

"Did anyone do anything interesting on the weekend?"

Again, no.

"Does anyone have anything to tell us?"

Silence.

"Does anyone have anything to say?"

All mute.

"Anything?"

Nothing.

So, I decided to give it a go, even though I really had nothing. "I had my Astra Zenica shot four days ago, and now I am waiting for my blood clot to show up."

"What?" said my boss.

"Day 4 to day 20 is the critical period for blood clots, I'm on day four, so it could turn up any time."

Everyone laughed.

"Thank you, Christian,” said our boss. “I can always rely on you. And on that note..."


No comments: