Tuesday, June 01, 2021

Simultaneously Pleased and Displeased

Pinch, punch, and all that. Oh, my goodness, June already. Half the year has gone. Winter is no longer coming. 

Just by the way, my favourite was Robb Stark, not what’s his name over who everyone drooled. Then I saw him as prince Charming in those cream tights. Mmmm. That was followed by him, allegedly, having a gay relationship with that boy singer, who’s name I never committed to memory. Then he was banging that other cutie, Taron Edgerton, in Rocket Man, with Taron Edgerton saying he enjoyed every minute of his gay sex scenes with Richard Maddon. (Taron is such a scamp)

But, I digress.

I've got 5 hours of training this afternoon, because the brains trust that is HR have come up with some new (probably hair-brained) procedure and, of course, those geniuses can't make a decision on their own, so I have to be a part of the team assessing what they want to do. (Yay! 🙌)

It is usually a disaster when HR get all excited about doing something. It usually involves a creche (naturally), a lunch (they don't get those mum bods from celery alone), and ultimately a huge problem created for everyone else, so hang on.

So, I was signing in this morning thinking to myself, I have a lot to get done now that the HR slags have roped me into their, no doubt, half baked idea. Suddenly I'm not going to cruise into the weekend as I usually do, I'm going to have to hustle to get everything completed before midday. 

I was just mentally stringing a plan together for the rest of the morning, while I cursed HR, of course, prioritising what I had to do, when I realised it was Tuesday, not Wednesday. (Oh, it’s Tuesday. 😀)

I was simultaneously pleased and displeased. Oh! Oh?

"Oh yay, it's Tuesday, I have plenty of time. Oh rats, it is not the end of my week. Boohoo!"

And, you know, any new procedures introduced by HR are always to benefit HR, always to make HR’s life easier, or for legal reasons. It’s not normally for the staff. Or, the new procedure is an unmitigated mistake because the HR professionals loved the colour, “Loovvvv it!” and skipped the function altogether.

I remember at the awful law firm, those HR professionals bought an application simply because they thought it could do performance reviews, that one of the modules they were buying could do performance reviews. (There was a girlie titter all around, and champagne for everyone, as HR professionals love to celebrate their successes) It was a complete failure at everything else it was supposed to do, and it made a number of people’s work lives more difficult, and sometime later I found out the application couldn’t do performance reviews either.

So, let’s see what the brains trust has bought us today?


No comments: