Monday, May 31, 2021

Dealing With The Kids

In our Zoom Meeting, (we, actually, use a different meeting app, but never the less) one of the girls in my team said she was having trouble working from home because the kids over the road are playing ball outside all day, and they are really noisy.

My boss said to open the windows and play some music they wouldn't like.

I said, bake some muffins with sedatives in them and go over and hand them out.

My boss turned into someone's gran repeating, "Oh, no, no, no no, no, no."

Seriously? I thought. They’d have a sleep, and everyone wins.

My first thought was to say, get in touch with the guy who ran down those four kids from the same family and get him to do a couple of laps of your street, but I checked myself as I opened my mouth. Instantly, I settled on the muffins and the sedatives. Imagine, if I'd said get the killer driver, my boss would have shit his pants.

Sense of humour, anyone?



Oh yes, I got into trouble for this one on Facebook. My ex, Mark, loves to message me and tell me the things I can’t say. I don’t know why, he never used to be like that. Perhaps, he has lived in the country for too long.

“Those poor little kids, how can you make fun of them?”

I’m not making fun of those children, I am laughing at my boss’s reaction to the censored version of my comment.


No comments: