Sunday, May 23, 2021

There Goes The Weekend

Guido dropped over Sunday, unexpectedly, monged as you like. He'd forgotten his phone and he was going over to see Julien, he had wine bottles dropping out of his jacket, but couldn't remember the apartment number.

So, he dropped into my place. "Going old school," he said. "Back to where it all began."

He had some stories to tell. Macrobiotic diets, and the like. What’s killing us. Which big pharmaceuticals companies are to blame. 

"In the future we won’t own anything, it will all be worked out on monthly subscription schemes."

He espoused a mushroom diet, to rest set your body. “We were all microbes once.”

"I've never been so healthy," he said looking bleary-eyed at me.

But, as you guessed, I got some pot, “Oh, I know, piss weak.” And there goes the weekend.


No comments: