Monday, May 17, 2021

You Gotta Think?

Sometimes I wonder if I am stupid, with some of the things I do. I look back on decisions I’ve made, and courses of action I have taken and I so often think, what was I thinking? I have little confidence in my own abilities and I so often procrastinate rather than act, and I am supposed to be smart, high IQ even. I normally step back, rather than step forward, just naturally, it is my default position.

Then I think, maybe I am one of the stupid people, pretending to be smart, which just makes me think I am more stupid than most, not knowing that I am stupid. 

Why did I? I don’t know.

What made me do…? Really, no idea.

What on earth made me come to the conclusion? It is a mystery to me?

Why didn’t I?

Logically stupid people don’t know they are stupid, because they are stupid. Maybe, I am one of those people? And I don’t even know it.

Why do we do the things we do? I guess that has filled philosophy books through the ages, by the less stupid. Started religions, certainly maintained them, between the gullible and the power crazed. Caused wars, with the more stupid than most.

I can’t even remember now what I did to start this whole stream of consciousness? (read puddle of waffle) What does that say?

Oh, I don’t really think I am stupid, of course. I keep my mouth closed for far too long. But when I look back on some of my decisions, it is hard not to think it.


No comments: