Tuesday, May 25, 2021

A Little Patti Labelle in the Morning

Because I got up early again, and have carefully got everything done, I just have to wait for one more piece of data at midday, most of the morning has involved lying on the couch with Bruno listening to Patti Labelle.

11.11am. I am standing over the coffee table over four our laptops, as it turned out, back to back, with a glass of water in my hands, stoned, swaying just a bit, when it occurs to me what I am doing. Oh, could you imagine? My sweet Sam would be incandescent with rage if I did that.

I chuckle to myself as I head out into the garden. Nervously.

I just paid $750 to get my MacBook Pro fixed. No, I didn’t win the fight with Apple, they won’t acknowledge the 2016/2017 has a fault with its screen. Wear and tear, the genius said.

“Wear and tear from doing what exactly?” I asked.

“Oh, from opening and closing the screen.”

“What would you say the number one function of a laptop is?”

“Oh… um… opening and closing the screen.”

“There’s well documented evidence this model has a repetition of the same screen problem on multiple devices, there is a 35 thousand petition for Apple to fix what is obviously a fault, there has been a court case in America about this problem.”

Our handsome genius smiled, cleared his throat and said, “It’s wear and tear, sorry.”


No comments: