Friday, October 08, 2021

Day Off

They call me up to fix a problem on my day off. Grrrr. My boss, Boris, called me while I was eating lunch.

"Sorry to call you on your day off." Then don't, was my first thought.

"We need the (blah blah) fixed urgently," said Boris. "It has to be today."

Oh, I thought. I shouldn't have answered that.

"Okay. Sure. I can do that." What else could I say?

"I'll get all the details together and call you back."

I don't think Boris knew how to do it?

I should have thought quicker and said I was in St Kilda visiting a friend. Yeah, sure, I guess that is against the covid rules, but it was my boss and not the police.

It took me two hours to sort it out. I don't, actually, mind, but as I said earlier, it is not a two way street, it won't make any difference to my pay rise, or bonuses coming up, because I am not one of the execs.

The corporate world only looks after those at the top of the corporate food chain.


No comments: