Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Hallelujah!

I went through all of my hand written journals to discover there is still about 5 that I have to type up. Momentarily, I wondered about consulting something like AirTasker to find a typist, but that would mean giving them to someone else, which could be fraught in itself, but it would also mean letting them out of my sight.

Years ago I tried dictation software and it was garbage. As we were taking Bud and Bruno for a walk yesterday, I casually mentioned this to Sam. "Do you think diction software has been perfected yet?"

"What do you mean?" asks Sam.

"Well, I used it years ago and it was no good, I just wonder if it would be any better now?"

"What?" (as vague as you fucken like)

"What do you think?"

"Isn't the Apple dictation function any good."

"What Apple dictation function?"

"On your phone," Sam says. "In fact, I think you can activate it on any application."

"What?"

"Yeah," he says.

"Yes? What? What are you talking about?"

So, to cut a long story short, Apple has dictation software and it works really well. It has taken me three weeks to type up one hand written journal. Last night, (albeit, a much smaller travel journal I took to San Francisco) I dictate a whole journal in hours.

Today, I am racing through one of the big ones. And now, a task that seemed unmanageable just days ago, may well get completed in weeks.

(Yes, I am supposed to be working today. You've got to love working from home. Fuck it, I stared early)


No comments: