Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Oh HR Really?

Monday morning meeting with HR.  Boris was keen to meet face to face to address the issues that HR has been banging on about.

"They have calmed down a lot now," claimed Boris, trying to get me enthused in the meeting.

Nick Watson’s head exploded a few weeks ago, when he blamed me for his fuck up. He has been bad mouthing us, um, me, since. I can only presume that he thinks if he throws enough mud some of it will stick.

Boris has been pushing for the meeting for the last few weeks

"We need to meet face to face to clear this up."

I told her what I thought beforehand about all the issues we wanted to cover. And what I thought the outcomes should be.

And I have to say, Boris was magnificent. She didn't try to keep the peace. She didn't try to compromise. She used many of my talking points, which she drove home with an uncompromising attitude.

The HR brains trust came with 8 talking points, and we, of course, demolished them, mostly because, HR, as is nearly always the case, didn't know what they were talking about.

At least 3 of their talking points involved long held HR procedures which we knew more about than they did.

Nick Watson, a senior HR manager, who gets paid more than most people, has very little understanding of what he's supposed to be doing.

For instance…

Nick questioned us about salary packaging (Oh yes, I know, does it get any more exciting) and why weren’t we across the responsibility of it all. He questioned our poor response to salary packaging in the company.

Boris has since investigated the procedure for salary packaging, and guess what, it is essentially Nick Watson’s responsibility as he is the most senior HR manager in Melbourne, now that The PonyTail has gone off and had pups.

And that is how Nick’s remaining talking points are panning out with more investigation.

Seriously, HR never ceases to surprise me at how seriously rubbish they really are.

It is just a repository for people with Arts degrees and a god complex.


No comments: