Monday, November 21, 2022

Monday Morning

And this morning it is freezing. What is with this weather? (famous last words) The sun is shining, and the sky is blue, but it is freezing cold. It is nearly the end of November, it is nearly summer, it should be much warmer than this.

Even Bruno is coming to sit in my lap for warmth.

We're all home.

We have a friend staying. Everyone is doing breakfast. Our mate is flirting a bit with Charlie, which is making Charlie smile, I notice. (Not that that really says anything people genuinely like attention, don't they?) Apparently, Charlie's mum, Sam's sister, has said about Charlie, something along the lines of, "Well, he is 19 and he has never had a girlfriend. He has never shown much interest in girls."

Do mother's know? They say they do.

I should ask him? Nah, too confrontational. 

I guess we'll see when he brings home a boyfriend/girlfriend. I hope it is a boyfriend. Not, that I'm bothered either way. Of course, whatever makes him happy.


I lied to Boris. I told her that I had to go and see my surgeon this morning, so I wouldn't becoming into the office. She said okay, without any questions. My appointment with the surgeon is, actually, early tomorrow and I am assuming it won't be all that long, and he isn't all that far away, so I should be back at my home desk before Boris even signs on in the morning. Boris never really signs on until after 9am, often 9.15am, so she will never know my deception.

What excuse am I going to make up next Monday not to go into the office?


Sam took my shitty MacBook Pro back to the shop to have its rubbish butterfly keyboard replaced, I think, for the 4th time. I'm not really sure why I paid a premium price for this less than premium quality laptop.


No comments: