Thursday, January 25, 2007

Gotta Love a Wedding.

I went over to Tim and Nicholas', Mary was there. I thought they were pissed off with me, can't remember why? I think fancing the cousin, Craig, made me feel guilty of something. Not sure what? Just generally guilty for my thoughts, I guess. I want to make it with a straight man? Who has a wife and kids? But, Nicholas hugged me warmly and said he'd missed me. Tim laughed about them going away also, but Mary was house sitting for them, so she could feed Missy for me. No problem. Pop over.

I think Tom has made me feel a bit paraniod about friendship. But Tim said he and Nicholas were looking for some where cheaper to live. Nicholas said he'd decided he wanted to move back to my place. We all had fun together. Then they were both smiling at me and offering me wine.


I'm off to Bolago for a wedding; more than 200 guests. Our biggest wedding. Although we've done quite a few at 180, without a hickup.

You know, you just gotta love straight boys, they just don't engage. It's just not in their repertoire. You can say something camp like, Did you here about the new Dream girls movie.

No mate.

They've been brought up that we're all normal, so they treat us as such. Some of them get real cute about it, you know, kind of flattered. But some just don't seem to notice.

We have a young bloke who works for us at the functions. He's cute, seventeen. The funny thing is that he doesn't get my attention nearly as much as his cute thirty-five year old dad, who is handsome with a cheeky smile.

Twice he's been around at the end of functions and I've wondered who he was? At the same time noticing his good looks. Gushing professionally more than I might in normal circumstances.

I'm fine mate, he'd say. A big, open smile. Just here for Jason.

Oops, I'd think, that's his dad again. We've met before. Doh!

I'd be ordering the staff around and they'd be listening and taking notice, the only place that happens, now, let me tell you. I sometimes forget that I have that power, until they are heading away saying, yes sir. I kind of like it.

Can I help you?

Is Jason ready? he'd say. He said to drop by around midnight. Big (gorgeous) smile. Am I too early?

No, not at all.

Jason's dad again... stop smiling, you idiot.

I'll wait in the car, he'd say. If you can tell him I'm here. Sweet smile. Genuinely not wanting to get in the way.

I must commit him to memory, I think. Jason your dad is here.

Anyway, gotta keep moving. Bank, cheque for the car, the 11am train.


No comments: