Saturday, January 13, 2007

Friendship

I have a little plaque that was my, much adored, grandmothers that sits on my desk. It says,

A friend is not a fellow who is taken in by sham,

a friend is one who knows our faults and doesn't give a damn.

I was going to send this to Tom in an email.


But, Shane and he-who-shall-never-be-mentioned, say that Tom is up to his old tricks, as they use the same drug dealer and even their drug deal raised his eyebrows and shook his head.

As I suspected, Tom is so bored, with nothing to do, that he is looking for drama to fill his life.

If that is the case, I guess I'll have to wait for Tom to come down, before I reason with him. (or smack his face)


For someone who is so intelligent and who has so much to live for, considering what he has been through, it is quite sad really.

If you start doing drugs for any reason other than to have fun, (and other than occasionally, you know, xmas and easter) you are on a very slippery slope, my friend. I guess that's what I need to tell him.

I can feel an intervention coming up... 


No comments: