You go off the pot and you go off porn. The head clears and you get things done.
Conversely, my bedroom floor is covered in DVD's. Must go clean up.
I locked myself away in my bedroom. Cancelled all calls.
It's that post-holocost haze out side, so hot it is burning the colour out of life. Everything and everybody has that burning, pinkish hue.
I left work early so I could race home and have a joint before I headed to the Art Centre to see a play – Tom Stoppard’s Rock & Roll – with mum. Pathetic, I know. Yes, I’m back to that point, yet again! It’s infuriating, in a sense, that I’m there again. Oh, how did that happen?
As I was walking to the tram, across St Vincent’s Plaza, David called me to say there was water pouring from the kitchen tap. I asked him if he knew how to change a washer? Knowing he wouldn’t. It amused me, I guess. He sounded nervous and said he had to go to class. We settled on him turning the water off and then going to class, with me fixing it when I came home.
Mum didn’t turn up at the play, nor was she answering her phone, which is normally a sign that she is on her way, when I called he repeatedly at curtain up. For the first time I had my own ticket, rather than her bringing them, so I went in. She would be sat at the back of the dress circle if she was late, but, I guessed, I could collect her at interval. I hoped she’d be all right.
The play was about Communism and music in the sixties and seventies, Matthew Newton was in it – the boy has a big bulge in his pants. Mum never turned up. She said that she just couldn’t get it together and she didn’t know why she wasn’t answering the phone when I called just before it started. So, I left at interval to go home and change the washer.
Mum said she just couldn’t make it, something about losing her purse and then worrying that she had been robbed until she finally located the purse, but then she was too frazzled. She thought it was the night before, anyway. We usually go on Mondays.
When I got home the house was quiet, nobody was home. There was a note that Shane had called a plumber for the morning and that he was now at Phillips for the night.
I fixed the washer and went to bed. The note said it was both the hot and cold, which concerned me. But I changed the cold and that seemed to fix it.
I’ve been going to bed early, lately. Oh I don’t know why, maybe it’s the weather, maybe it’s me.
20.47. I seem to have fixed the tap, if the plumber didn’t want to necessarily come in the morning – christian
Shane called back. He was to cancel the plumbers.

No comments:
Post a Comment