Friday, March 07, 2008

Queer Film Festival

I went to the Queer Film Festival, with David, to see "A Four Letter Word." Bad acting and bad dialogue with all the cliches thrown in, which ended up having a certain charm in the end - it was like the actors warmed to the project by the last scene. Not awful, kind of watchable. It needed greater development. Couldn't recommend it, though. The seats were more uncomfortable than the script, but only just.

David was chatting afterwards to, who I thought was, an old sexy buddy of mine, James. When David introduced him as Sam, I thought I must have been mistaken, but continued to think the likeness was remarkable as we chatted. Later, when David and I were walking up Flinder's Street I said that Sam reminded me so much of my old buddy James and David laughed and said it was James and that he had changed his name. David called Sam to tell him, who said he was a little surprised when I didn't acknowledge who he was, but just decided I must have had my reasons and didn't say any thing. Funny, huh?

It was nice walking home through the city in the evening - warm, shiny and busy.

We went to Sircuit afterwards and drank beer and vodka & cranberry juice and watched the boys play pool. I keep telling David he is going to have to butch up his alcohol tastes.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep...it was a crap film...