Tuesday, August 19, 2008

As The Day Fades Away

It's amazing how much guilt I felt lying around in bed watching teev. I don't know how many times I thought I shouldn't be doing this. I guess it's going to take a little longer to wind down?


What did I do this morning? The day just seemed to rush away. I don't remember what I did? And I've only been smoking cigarettes, the registered brand name, you understand. I did wake with a head ache, which I battled all morning, I guess I should mention that. Mark is probably right when he asked me how much water I had been drinking. Usually, at work, I have a glass of water that I drink all day, in the last few days I haven't drunk any. Hence why I was in bed watching Will & Grace. I finally gave into the head ache, with an "Oh fuck it, you win, I'm going to lay my head down."

I remember what I did this morning, something I rarely do, I read my old blog from years passed. It wasn't bad either.

I emailed Charlie and, almost, organised a bike ride together, for the weekend. As long as I don't laugh, as he, inadvertently, bought a girl's bike - although, how you do that, I'm not sure. When I questioned him about it, he said it is a hybrid bike (I know not what that is?) and said that the girl's and boy's versions were practically the same thing. So, it's not a bike with a white, wicker basket and streamers out the handlebars, I'm assuming.



Subject: Hello there


Hey Charlie

Sorry about brunch, but I didn’t get home from the country until late. 

christian 


Subject: Hello there


no prob. 

glad you took full advantage of your first off-day. 

Kind Regards

E(ddie)


Subject: Hello there


How was your holiday?

After reviving the open fire, I’m just sitting here wondering what to do with myself.

christian


Subject: Hello there


hmmm 

Start writing? 

Or get a book ending with a word "... crisis"? 

lol 😝

Kind Regards

C(harlie)


Subject: Hello there


He he. 

I meant, I was wondering what I should do first. You know, time is now on my side. Should I stay home and write, should I go and ride my bike, should I… 

Decisions, decisions. 


Subject: Hello there


hahaha.. bike sounds fun 

I would do bike but getting the first step is the harddest... 

one you out of the door, you will feel better after 

otherwise, it will be the same thing day after day.. wondering and not doing anything.. hahaha 

Kind Regards

C(harlie)


Subject: Hello there


Yes, true. Get back into shape, after too long sitting down in an office. 

I’m aiming for an hour’s bike ride each morning, to start the day. Of course, I haven’t managed it for my first two days. Oh well. Tomorrow. 

(christian)


Subject: Hello there


i can join u next time. 

but dun laugh at my bike, cos I bought the wrong bike. I bought a woman one. 

Kind Regards

C(harlie)


Subject: Hello there


Come join me.

I wouldn’t laugh – not sure how you did that though?

We could ride along the Yarra bike paths together.

(christian)


Subject: Hello there


It was a hybrid bike... won’t be obvious...

the top bar was slightly down and not straight, which I thot all hybrid bikes are like that 

yarra paths are fun, i used to do it in the north side, havent done the south paths yet. 

Kind Regards

C(harlie)


Subject: Hello there


Well, we’ll have to do them.

(christian)


Subject: Hello there


kewl.. 

am ok to do brunch this sat or sun 

let me know 

Kind Regards

C(harlie)



I got up late, 9.30am, which is late for me, even on the weekends I'm up before 9am. I wrote my journal, my private and unpublished one, caught up four days. I watched porn and ate my muesli.


No comments: