Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Tra La, La, How Many Days?

My lunch times, for the last week, or so, have not been about daring to having a muffin, or not, they have been about which muffin will compliment my Rocky Road Slice the best. Of course, I'm going to be doing health, health, health, once I'm off on leave, so it is, perfectly, understandable for me to have a bit of a binge now. Right? Right!

As I read the newspaper, I think,

The story of the serial rapist tells us that the moral is, that if you are going to drug and rape anyone, don't video the crime as evidence. John whatever his name is, Greek name, would have got away with it and the victims would have been none the wiser, if he hadn't filmed it.

That was my first thought.

I wonder if I'm eating too much sugar? I wonder about my conclusions? Was he the hot chocolate rapist? I laugh and immediately rebuke myself. I looked around to see if anyone could see what I was laughing about. The moral of the story is clearly don't accept drinks from strange men... my mother always told me that.

I read about the Brunswick man who has just been found guilty of spreading the AIDS virus deliberately. Well, of course, they would find him guilty. We live in a homophobic world, after all. You can't give anyone the virus, unless it's rape, of course. The basis of safe sex working is that everyone is responsible for themselves.

Poor form if they drug you, though. No, that's not playing by the rules.

Oh, the newspapers, just full of joy, really. The lives some people lead, it's mind-boggling. Why can't we have the latest medical discovery? The latest art masterpiece. The newest archaeological discovery. The brightest Mars photos. Why does it always have to be car crash events? Maybe, that's just a comment on my reading material?

I wondered about the jam donuts, sitting on the counter, fresh and sugary. Apparently, they have plum jam in them. I smile at the cute guy in a suit, walking passed. He smiles back.


No comments: