Monday, September 15, 2008

Oh Yes





Wrote some more of my script in the morning. I got my script, more or less, finished, to first draft stage. I got Act 2 done over the weeks since I've quit work. (back into right brain, it's a comforting place to be) It's complete and ready for re-writing.

Yay for me.

Funnily enough, a friend of a friend, at Bolago on the weekend, is a writing lecturer, from the University of Adelaide, who has also taken time off to write a script. We're going to form our own, quasi reading group, to help each other with our writing.

Hillary, Sandy, Sandy’s writing friend Sheila and, I think, a friend of Hilary’s left just after lunch. The queens of ooky, spooky, all writing Harry Potter rip offs. I just can’t see it, myself.

You know, Hillary has a sticker on the back of her car that says Magic Happens. I always want to get a sharpie and change it to shit.


Subject: visit


hi all,

in melb from this fri,19th to mon 29th.

very busy schedule, with birthdays,footy gamesfestivals,dinners,show and shows,shopping,etc

hoping we can see each other at some stage, i will have my usual phone number, +64 XX XXX XXX

staying at mums in moonee ponds as usual

love and hugs

Lauri and Yappy (yeah, no, I don’t like him)


Subject: Hello, hello, hello


Ummm – I think you have been told, I just don't think you were listening at the time. "What, sit down at the computer and make myself type? Surely not! There's got to be some other way..."

Looking forward to reading drafts.

Kym

PS: I can't remember your street address (just in case I do decide to send you a post card from OS)


I headed home early afternoon.

David’s home from Hawaii. That boy’s life is just one long OS trip. 


Subject: well?


Was it memorable turning whatever age you just turned, you know, you are older than me. I lose track easily, but not weight.

Rachel


Subject: Oi


It’s your birthday week, why don’t you answer me so I have an excuse to not do bookwork

Rachel


Went to Club 80 late. Just to sniff around. I don't know, I didn't feel like staying home, once I got home. You know, it just goes like that sometimes.


4 comments:

Gabriel said...

yay - i'll be in line for the book when it comes out.

FletcherBeaver said...

It will be a film... I'll get you a ticket.

Bold oy! said...

Can I get one too?
Will it show in California?

FletcherBeaver said...

I hope it will show in California, that would be grand