Wednesday, September 24, 2008

No Dick Policy





I’m meant to be going and collecting cakes for mum. She is not answering her phone. I ring every half an hour. I was beginning to think that she had gone out when she answers. (brother) Will’s been staying so, of course, everything has been washed and she had been down at the line hanging it out.

How much washing did he do? I think. I know he’s nuts about cleanliness, washing all the demons out of his soul, no doubt, but I’ve been calling for hours?


Subject: Tuesday night


Oh my gosh! That's horrible – there's probably a story or a script in there somewhere though. I've always said the thing about taxi rides is they're good value because for $20 you always come away with an anecdote. I think a stolen phone is more than an anecdote though. You have to tell me how it came to be that: "Take me to [your] St (or wherever) driver" became a stolen phone.

Mobile number: XXXX XXX XXX

Work ph: XXXX XXXX (and yes I do answer this one sometimes and I've been at the same number for a record 3+ months)

Work mob: XXX XXX XXX (it's a Nokia – I don't know how to make it work so I usually don't answer it)

Send me your script! Best send it to this address so that I can print off to read – no printer at home at the moment. Then again, I can always try the modern thing of reading it on the computer. Ooh, hang on a minute – there's probably a content issue isn't there. Scrap that. Just send it to my home e-mail.

Kym


Subject: Tuesday night


I thought it might be a little much to ask you to print the script out and then read it and comment on it, so I have a hard copy already printed for you, which I thought I might deliver to you over lunch, maybe. What do you think?

(christian)


I went to mums, picked up a cake from Valmae in Balwyn on my way. We had lunch. I mowed the lawn. We chatted. We laughed.

I was home by five.


Subject: Tuesday night


That's a great idea. It would have to be next week and I'd probably have Max with me. Assuming that's okay with you then it's a goer. Let me know.

Kym


Subject: Tuesday night


That would be lovely. I’d love to see Max. (We can play mum & dad again) What bat time? What bat cave?

christian


Shane and Dante went to the Deco Exhibition. They bring home a card showing the Cord Winchester sedan. The same card Mark and Luke bought me when they went to the Art Deco Exhibition.

We smoked pot when they got back. Dante accuses me of sucking the life out of the joint, yet again.

David packed. We watched Life, the detective show.

David took valium and stilnox. Dante advised David that too many downers was when you couldn’t lift the pill to your mouth any longer.

I added Dante to my new phone, with the correct spelling of his last name.



I was just thinking about my no dick policy, for my photos. Of course, I have broken it on occasions, but generally... Okay, review complete, the cover up stays. I just think it is so much sexier to leave a little something to the imagination. Don't you?

It's just in these days of more conservative moral judgements, nudity has all but come a dirty word. We've all become so prudish. I even heard someone say on TV, the other day, "Am I allowed to say crotch on TV." Sad, but true.

Maybe, in these more conservative times, we need more nudity. The human body is beautiful, don't feel ashamed. Maybe, I should just go ahead and post full nudity every day, as a backlash against spiralling conservative moralism?

Nah. I don't reckon. Leave them panting for a little more, that's what I think.

A thought sometime later...

What is the difference between someone's elbow, breast, penis or ankle, essentially nothing. They are all simply a part of our anatomy. And thank the universe we are all different enough to have fetishes about each of them.


2 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

Saw an article in MX the other day talking about Britney Spear's sister. Someone took a photo of her breast feeding. Evidently, anyone that distributes that image faces the prospects of being charged for distributing child pornography (because she is < 18). Yes...we are certainly getting very prudish about our bodies.

Bold oy! said...

Christianity has fucked with our minds telling us that sex is sinful and the puritans are so preoccupied with the forbidden fruit that any slight amount of bare flesh makes them think of sex and sin.