Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Oh Really?

I don't know if I'm liking this 30 degrees at 8am! Jesus, fuck! The sun's rays nearly bowled me over as I staggered to my open balcony doors in my jocks, scratching my arse and my eye at the same time, to close the double doors.

The sun was sharp and bright shining across the floorboards, long and stretched out... they were warm underneath my feet, like flesh.

"Bloody hell, that fucken sun's got some 'eat init!" One hand on each of the three-paned glass doors. "We're all gunna melt before this day is over, Missy. Mark me words."

The air is already hot, like warming the oven for baking.

I swung the doors in on each other and slid the latches closed, at the top and at the bottom. Click, click.

Missy glanced at me from the bed, licked at one of her out-stretched paws and then her eyes slid gently shut.

I gaze at her... envy would be too stronger word. Briefly, I contemplate a sick day, like for a millisecond. The bitches at the salt mines could do without me. It amuses me for the minutes it takes me to head to the shower.


No comments: