Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Out to Lunch

Have I told you about my job since Beck left? The Brunette Blonde, my boss, and the Senior Blonde, her/our boss, are ramping themselves up into a frenzy over my department. Talk about work for work sake! 

They came up with a six page action plan, for a department that essentially hasn't changed, other than people who don't know what they are doing coming to work in it.

They are changing everything because they just don’t understand anything that is going on, and so they do, and so they look important, they are implementing major changes.

Talk about a palaver!

So, I just couldn't face it today. Nah, no thanks... if it's all the same to you. And it was a beautiful day, the sun was shining down all summery. Finally, some may say. You could smell it, you could taste it.

Funny, I was awake early, 6am, maybe it was the anticipation? I decided last night that I wasn't going. I rang and left a message at 7am on voicemail. Fuck it, I thought.

Sam text me early and scoffed at me taking a sickie. 

So, you really are at home, huh? Lazy, lazy, lazy!

He suggested we have lunch on the Yarra in town where we normally do, if we eat by the water. We have a seat on the north bank. I thought that would be cute, you know, if I stole along the river bank for a rendezvous... right in the heart of our great metropolis when I'm supposed to be sick. We could sit on our seat out of sight. Lovely. We could even hold hands. I don't care what the straights think, not that they'd care anyway, let's face it.

So, I rode in on my bike, in my new big tongue t-shirt. But, I had to get food, so we met at Southbank, which is far enough away from my office, although a major meeting place none the less.

I bought him lemon tart, I must remember it's chocolate that he likes. Sweet not sour. My boy's sweet, it shouldn't be too hard to remember.

It was nice riding in along the Yarra. Gorgeous! What a gentle ease; fresh air, golden sun, blue sky. Nobody should have to work. I tell ya. That is interpreted as I shouldn't have to work, you understand.


No comments: