Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I'm Glad I Don't Have Children

I get up make coffee and muesli. I set my computer up on the kitchen bench and proceed to read all the online news, as my coffee boils and my muesli soaks up its milk.

I read about Kim Jong il watching clips of the population of North Korea crying openly about his death. This is hysterical crying, physical shaking and grief. Bizarre, brainwashing on display, surely?
Some of the most bizarre claims in his bio are, he scored 11 holes in one when he first played golf. He doesn’t produce urine or feces. He was born on a sacred mountain, when the reality is that most likely he was born in a Russian military camp.
It is very strange. Are the people of North Korea that stupid and that simple?

I read about Molly Meldrum, who opened his eyes momentarily after the sedation for his induced coma is reduced, after his fall at home where he hit his head.
Everyone, so it would seem, love Molly. How times have changed, I think, with a great love for some old fag.

I read about Princess Bridge Station. And I looked up photos of the original station, which, of course, I think was lovely. A whole city lived and breathed this train station and now the younger generations would not even remember it.

It is a lovely, sunny day. Blue skies and a cool breeze.

Luke calls, we have a nice chat. He’s good. He says it’s lovely up north, all of their stuff has now arrive, so Mark is out mowing on his ride on.
We chat about Jeff and Raymond. They have sold their house, finally, and are looking to possibly rent for the next few months, maybe in Brisbane, until they find a home in Melbourne.
“Back in Melbourne just in time for the Melbourne winter.” The reason for moving up north in the first place. Um, Raymond, the cold hasn't changed.
Luke states what we all think, "They can keep running, but wherever they end up they will find themselves there."

We chat about Jane. Apparently, unbeknownst to Jane, she was on loudspeaker when she delivered her, as Luke put it, manipulative, delusional tirade last Saturday. Luke said it was unbelievable, he had to keep leaving the room as he was sooooo disgusted.
“I don’t need the glitz and glamour of going to Vietnam, I need you to be a proper father and buy me a house.” (Jane delivered words to this effect) Mark paid for her trip.

Hey
Yes it's all going... well, swimmingly really, and have LOTS of those in my pools of bliss, down at the river of bliss, in my blissful nakedness.
Life is, well, bliss actually, and I think I'll make a film and call it just that... BLISS ACTUALLY... don't think it will fly though... hoomans aren't too comfortable accepting bliss as they're natural state... I think because they're worried that it's gonna come to an end… so why go there...
Me... on the other hand... I intend to avoid anything that is going to bring me out of mine... selfish little cunt I am... hehheh
Hugs to you and Soo, Cri Cri... Moo

I thought about the problems that Mark is having with Jane and the up coming trip to Vietnam, which Mark and Luke are going to have to endure with the pissed off Jane and thought, oh fuck it. So, I sent the following email, really, as a joke, a joke that has a serious side. Not that I have any expectations of being invited to go to Vietnam… but, I thought I would just apply Jane style tactics and but in just for the effect. Funny me.
There is a serious side to this however, Jane is not going to cool down and be nice any time soon, certainly not before they go to Vietnam. She believes she has the god given right to be feeling badly done by. She is going to be a pissed off bitch for the entire time. She doesn’t think any where beyond herself to allow the trip to be all peace and harmony.

Hey, are you still going to take Jane to Vietnam with you? Why don't you take me instead? I can guarantee you that I won't spoil your holiday, like I am predicting that Jane will.

I’ve been thinking about Mark’s difficulty with his children today. Why is it that both of Mark’s children, essentially, have the same problems with him? As Luke said today, “At least Fen was up front with his hatred.” Why do Fen and Jane, essentially, feel the same way about Mark’s role as a father? What is the common denominator here? Where would they both get their similar views? Who had the major influence over both the children as they were growing up?

As Mark said to me recently, upon reflection, it was Mary who used to scream and yell at Fen telling him that he was no good, just like the other men in her life. She used to say that he would never amount to anything… that he’d end up in jail like his uncle. (This is probably a reasonable fear, but what came first?) Is it fair to say that while Jane wasn’t in the direct firing line, as such, she would have been watching and listening to all of this. It was Mary, after all, who went nuts and had to be locked away in a psychiatric hospital for twelve months. I know this had a detrimental affect on Fen, but what about the affect it had on Jane. In Mary’s non-coping with life, whom do you think she blamed all of her troubles on? What kind of insanity preceded her institutionalisation? Apparently, she used to behave like a mad woman, appearing practically deranged, so often.

It was Mary, after all, who came from a home that was diabolically dysfunctional… still is dysfunctional, lets face it, with the recriminations regarding Sharon claiming to have been sexually abused by Ivan (their jailbird brother) as a child. Most of the siblings don’t want to face this fact and, apparently, most of them deny that it happened, shunning Sharon in the process.

And it is Mark who I know so well, who is a lovely, caring, thoughtful, considerate person who is generous with his time, and with his children, his money as well.
The Mark I know has been nothing but generous with both his children.

So, although, I wasn’t around during the kids childhood, I have to conclude that it is Mary who is more likely than not the one who has been a bad parent.
Sure, Mark was an absent father, at times, from all accounts, but no more so than so many fathers of divorced couples.

Mary was bitter about the sale of Northcote, snubbing Mark at the open for inspections and the sale. Mary accused Mark of selling the house from under Jane, so who do you think reinforced this idea in Jane?
Well, Mary, you buy a house for Jane then.

I sent Mark an email of what I thought.

What do you mean, Cri Cri and Lee Loo?
You rand... er... rang who? She, from the bitch...er... beach, who must be obeyed?
Your missive made me laugh. Selfish cunt indeed. I don't know why you are made to feel selfish for doing the things you want to do, when everyone else does what they want to do, blame free, what's more. It actually got me thinking about all it today... why would both your children suffer from unreasonable, delusional expectations of you? Why both of them? Why? What is the common denominator here? Or should I say, who? Add to this, what you told me not so long ago about how Mary treated Fen when he was growing up. "You're no good! You'll never be any good. You'll end up in jail just like... blah, blah, blah." And really, let's face it, it was Mary who went nuts on your two children, after all. You, yourself, saw the bitterness in Mary when you were preparing Northcote for sale. So, my conclusion is, knowing you to be a generous and caring and bloody wonderful person, that you should stop thinking of yourself as a bad father and start to acknowledge the fact that Mary, on all evidence at hand, was a rotten mother.
Too strong? Do you think?
It was my reason for sending you that email about me going to Vietnam. Why would you want to take Jane to Vietnam with you when she has the hates on you? But, speaking of which, as much as I'd love to go, I don't really think I could, as I turned down the trip to Indonesia with Sam, who really wanted me to go with him, citing the fact that I couldn't afford it. I suspect he could be upset with me if I did go with you guys.
Even if I spoke to (Vietnamese friend) last night on Facebook and he was asking if I was coming with you guys to his wedding.
So, there you go. Be happy and love what you are doing. You deserve your bliss. You deserve to be deliriously happy... not selfish... not selfish at all. Bliss in rivers. Bliss in nakedness. Bliss in mowing. Bliss in the lovely warmth. Fuck all the bitter bitches who are trying to bring you down to make themselves feel better.
Christian

No comments: