Saturday, June 15, 2013

After Sam was finished getting his foot wart seen to, of course he asked the doctor no questions yet again, it was time for lunch. I ate Pad Thai. Sam ate Gravy Noodles. The gravy noodles looked horrible, but were, actually, quite tasty. I don’t know why, just lately, that I have had a hankering for Pad Thai, but I have.

We went shopping after lunch. 

I have got a second pair of glasses recently and I decided that I should buy another glasses case for them, rather than just making do. So, I went back to the shop where I bought my current glasses case from to buy another, as I really like the one I have now.

The other day, when I was cutting back the creeper from the top of the side wall I threw the pan and brush from the top of the veranda across the back of the house. The pan landed badly and the corner cracked off leaving the pan useless, so I wanted to buy a new pan and brush today. 

I had already looked in one shop for the pan and brush, so with my new glasses case in my hand I asked in that shop what pan and brushes they had. They had a faux straw broom and a long handled pan, or some dinky minute brush with an equally useless pan, so I headed off to the supermarket where, I thought, I should have looked in the first place, instead of pissing around, as I had been doing.

I stood in front of the pan and brushes in the supermarket seeing that they had two sizes. I needed to put my glasses on, which I was carrying in my hand. I didn’t even notice the plastic covering the case, it wasn’t until I had opened them that I noticed that the colour inside wasn’t the colour of my usual glasses case. It was the new case that I held in my hand. I had walked out of the other shop with it in my hand, without paying for it. I was so used to carrying my glasses case in my hand that I hadn’t realised. I was surprised, perhaps a little shocked. I had walked straight out of the shop with their merchandise in my hand, just like that.

Oops.

I was surprised by what I had done. Sam told me I was a thief. He shook his head and reiterated my criminal behaviour, “You stole a glasses case,” when I said I wasn't going back to pay for it.

"No, come on, let's get out of here," I said.

"Thief."

"Oh, shut up, I have bought plenty from that shop..."

"Really?"

"Come on... let's go."

“Just like that?” he said.

“Just like that,” I said.

Secretly, I found it kind of thrilling. I pulled something off that I would never dare to do normally. I know that sounds pathetic, as I did it completely unconsciously, but that is how I felt. There you go.


No comments: