Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Working Your Way Back to Me Babe

Did I tell you that Elaine's name is Bo-zo? Ha, ha, ha. It is fitting, really. What a bo-zo. What a clown. I laughed when I saw it today. I'd forgotten.

You think I am just being cruel, don't you? It is true. Elaine Clementine Bo-zo. I kid you not. There it is in black and white on the er... um... computer screen.

It all went okay, even if I got the, actual, details wrong. I thought I was helping Elaine, but no, she was on leave. Jesus! How did I miss that? Or is that a comment on her ineptitude? I think so? Idiot!

Now what did she tell me? I didn't take any notes?

Get a coffee.

Fuck me! 

I never got that? I never got that I was taking over and she was going to be away? We never did a hand over, as such. I always thought I was just assisting the stupid cow... because she wasn't coping.

Oh well, it all went okay anyway. Good thing I am smart, even if I do say so myself. I'm back there tomorrow, to keep going. I'm sure she couldn't do what I do? It has been a month since I was there last... just take over a month later. No notes, well very few, no safety net, oh, except my company behind me, of course.

So there you go, it went smoothly. In fact, I would say it went smoothly because Elaine wasn't there. She is one of those people who panics first and then acts.

I'm kind of the other way around. Scratch your head, get a coffee, have a think, once upon a time, go have a smoke. She is exhausting.

I had to catch a tram home because of the rain. I was texting Sam. I took photos of the punters, while I was waiting for Sam’s replies. I was coming home in the dark in the wet to an empty house.

I'm off to Jill's to introduce BamBam to Pebbles.
Buddy to Bear. Taking the kids for a walk. Mark just rolled his eyes when I told him my plans tonight. He thinks dog owners are sad, baby substitutes and all that. Oh well, his loss. Shrug.

Sam is in country NSW, winging his way home to me... babe.


Oooooooooh-oh-oooooooooh
I'll keep working my way back to you, babe
With a burning love inside


Once more out into the bleak, out into the wet, out into the dark. Inclement, kind of sounds like an old aunt from the country, now doesn't it.

Sam wont be home until late.

No comments: