Thursday, June 06, 2013

We Ate Hamburgers First

I had been thinking about tonight all day, if I have to be truthful. We were going back to our old long weekend behaviour, even if we had decided after Easter that we wouldn’t do it any more. It is just not having the same effect. I reckon there is an ingredient missing, quite frankly, the ingredient that causes “the dirty mind” of tina taking. It just hasn’t been there for me for quite a while. Who’d have thought that, that rec drug producers couldn’t be relied on?

Really?

It had been Sam’s idea. He started suggesting it just quietly, early on, slipping it in, occasionally, until my ears finally pricked up and heard it.

Sam was picking “it” up from his friend during the day, which means, of course, he’d have it at work for a period of time. Wow, who would have thought that Sam would ever do that, I’m sure he never would have. Is that the influence I’ve had on him? I was kind of hoping that I’d get away from work early, after my going away lunch, but that didn’t really eventuate. The going away lunch was nice, considering I am only a temp.

They all said good bye to me at (company name). They said they all loved me. They almost said they’d miss me. They are going to ask for me in future. Cool. I suppose it is nice, but they are only words and I am, most likely, never going to see any of them again. Good bye, have nice lives.

Late in the afternoon, the server at Sam’s company started playing up. He’d messaged a few times, each time saying that it wasn’t coming back up. I wasn’t sure what that meant, because technically Sam is on call for all of that stuff, even if he officially had a day off the next day? After everything, I wondered, deciding to party, getting the stuff, arguing about what drug dealer to use, and sorting all of that out, was there an unforeseen circumstance that was now going to bring it all undone?

I left half an hour early, and headed home. Sam messaged me not long after I got home to say he was on the tram. We went to McDonalds and got hamburgers. Sam went straight there, Buddy and I met him there. Sam ate a chicken Mc something, I ate an Angus something. Sam also got chips and coke. I'm never sure what the meal should be before hand, I was always the "not eat" type prior, but Sam always wants to.

Not long after we’d got back and eaten them, it was party time. Let’s say 7pm. Towels, water, gloves. Ha ha. Big smile.

No comments: