Friday, June 07, 2013

Well, That's Fucked It

We were off air until around 9pm. What is that? Twenty six hours? Not the longest, what shall we call it, session? It’s been longer before. I looked around the room, what a mess, I should have taken a photo. Ha ha. So many towels, so much accoutrement. Still, where did the time go? I don’t even remember time as milestones. Usually, I remember certain times on the clock, in the haze of it all.

We had showers and headed downstairs.

Buddy was a very excited bulldog when I let him in. He’d been outside and on his own since last night, which is really unusual for him. It is very funny to try and deal with him when I am fucked up. He just seems hysterical.

Sam made prawn pasta. We had an excess of prawns, it looked like fish bowls. It tasted okay, well, the prawns did, even if the pasta itself was a little lack lustre. But, it tasted of something, which is significant.

It was quiet sitting in the lounge in the half dark. Just our breathing, and the bulldogs snuffle. I wanted a fire, but that seemed like too much work. I wanted to put the TV on but Sam said no. So I got my laptop and put on some music.

It was, actually, an expensive undertaking getting up. I was sitting at the coffee table, Sam was sitting on the couch behind me, Buddy was sitting next to me. Buddy had just done something, I had just made a cup of tea, Sam had got me a glass of water and he reminded me to drink it. I picked up the glass to drink the water. I heard the chink of glass on china. I looked down just in time to see a tsunami of tea wash over the keyboard of my Mac. I saw the lights blink out for the very last time. It is as if I looked it in the eye as I stabbed it in the heart.

“Noooooooooooooooooo!”

Good by old friend, quite possibly my best friend.

Of course, I blamed Sam, as he told me not to put the TV on, as we’d been watching it for some like 24 hours and that I should give my eyes a rest.

Of course, I blame Jill. She talked me into buying the unstable fucking coffee cups from Ikea, which are narrower at the bottom than they are at the top and they are inherently unstable.

Of course, it had nothing to do with the lack of sleep and the four points, no, of course not. Sad face. The things we do, the damage that is done, nobody gets away with it for free. Perry and Kim bought a dud S class Mercedes, high as a kite, which cost them a fortune. Tom and Shane got HIV.

We went back to bed at midnight.

Happy fucking Queen’s birthday.

No comments: